After going gluten and dairy-free, one of the things that I had a deep desire to create was a creamy pasta dish. I love the delicious texture of a creamy sauce and this creamy spinach and sausage pasta recipe is a delicious dairy-free solution that the entire family is sure to enjoy.
If you are someone who enjoys watching live cooking demos, be sure to come hang out with me in the AKOS Nutrition community group on Facebook, where I go live every Monday with a new gluten and dairy-free recipe!
Meal Prep Monday – Creamy Spinach and Sausage Pasta
Posted by Sarah Fischer-Reynolds on Monday, August 10, 2020
Creamy Spinach and Sausage Pasta
- 16oz. gluten free pasta (I prefer penne for this particular dish, but you can use what you have available)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. mild (sweet) sausage (pork, turkey or chicken sausage are all okay!)
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup marinara
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (use the creamy solids from a can of coconut milk)
- 2 c baby spinach (whole or torn)
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 c pasta water
- Salt pasta water and bring to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/2c of pasta water.
- Heat pan over medium heat, adding olive oil. Add onion, softening for 1-2 minutes.
- Break up sausage into the pan. Cook until browned. Keep or drain fat.
- Add garlic, marinara, coconut cream, nutritional yeast and pasta water, stirring until well mixed.
- Next, add the spinach, stir until wilted.
- Last, add in the pasta, stir until well combined.