As you may already know, I’m a BIG fan of all things Instant Pot. The Instant Pot cuts your cooking time into a fraction of what it takes in a slow cooker, and it features a variety of other functions (like the saute function) that allow you to do all of your cooking using the same pot. One of my absolute favorite Instant Pot recipes is buffalo chicken, and in this tutorial I am going to be teaching you how to serve this flavorful and simple recipe.
You may notice by my lack of baby belly that this buffalo chicken tutorial is an archived Meal Prep Monday from the AKOS Nutrition group on Facebook, and it is for very good reason. I am settling into my third trimester and my body is very clearly telling me to start slowing things down….and I am obliging. Unlike in my first pregnancy where I would have had much more of an inclination to “power through” and push myself to perform, in this pregnancy I am listening very closely (and responding accordingly) to what my body is telling me. If that means taking some extra down time, I do it. If that means saying no to something, I do it. Tuning in to your body’s cues and signals and shifting your habits to reflect what it is telling you will help you avoid getting hit with the health crises common to those who choose to ignore them.
If you are someone who is struggling with reaching your health goals (or not sure where to start) and you are ready to make some changes, I would love to chat with you. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will schedule a time for a 30-minute discovery session. This session is 100% complimentary, and a great way for us to assess your goals, discuss your obstacles and start the journey to claiming your best health ever!
AKOS Nutrition Instant Pot* Buffalo Chicken
40 ounces (2.5 pounds) boneless skinless chicken breast
4 Tbsp grass-fed butter
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
4 garlic cloves
1 cup Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
2 Tbsp. Honey
2 Tbsp. Tabasco/Hot Sauce (Optional)
ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Add the chicken breast, butter, olive oil, wing sauce, Tabasco, garlic, honey and a pinch of salt & pepper to your instant pot.
- Set the instant pot on high for 6 minutes, and then allow to release naturally for 5 minutes. You can then do a quick release if needed.
- Remove chicken to a bowl and allow to cool for roughly 5 minutes before attempting to shred with 2 forks or a hand blender.
- Return to the pot and incorporate into the sauce.
- Serve over cauliflower rice, roasted broccoli or make into a quinoa bowl with greens, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes and avocado!
- Drizzle with your favorite version of ranch dressing or use our AKOS Paleo Ranch recipe!
*Note: If you have a traditional slow-cooker, cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.
AKOS Paleo Ranch Dip (or dressing!)
¾ cup paleo mayonnaise (Primal Kitchen and Chosen Foods avocado mayo are two of my favorites!)
2-4 Tbsp. coconut milk, unsweetened cashew milk or water
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
¼ tsp dried dill
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
- In a small mason jar, combine mayo, milk, vinegar, and all spices. Stir until well combined.
- Add additional milk/water for a thinner consistency. Keep for up to 1 week in a sealed container in the refrigerator.