AKOS Nutrition Paleo Mayo
Ingredients (Creates 1.25 cups)
- 1 cup avocado oil or rendered bacon fat
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl or small food processor, mix the yolks, mustard and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- With your immersion blender, hand mixer or food processor, actively mix those ingredients while dripping the oil into the mixture.
- As you add more oil, the emulsion will form and the mayonnaise will start to thicken and you can pour more quickly.
- When all oil is incorporated and the mayo is thick, mix in the remaining lemon juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Use what you need and store the rest for later in a small mason jar.