AKOS Nutrition Organic Elderberry Syrup
Known as the “medicine chest of herbs” elderberry is great for boosting the immune system and helping kick your allergies and shorten the lifespan of a cold or the flu. Use these ingredients, or the contents of your DIY kit to create your own 12oz syrup.
Children: ½ – 1 teaspoon per day
Adults: ½ – 1 Tablespoon per day
If sick: Dose with the same amount, every 2-3 hours until your symptoms subside completely.
3 cups filtered water
1 cup raw, local organic honey (not included with DIY kit)
DIY KIT* (or source your own ingredients!)
3/4 cup dried organic elderberries*
5 whole organic cloves* or 1 tsp ground clove
1 organic ceylon cinnamon stick* or 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp fresh organic ginger (diced) or 1 tsp ground ginger*
- Add water to a medium saucepan and add the dry ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 45min – 1 hour, or until the liquid has reduced by about ½.
- Remove pan from heat and let the mixture cool completely.
- Strain the mixture into a glass jar or bowl, using the back of a wooden spoon to press the remaining juice out of the berries. If using a fine mesh bag, give the bag a good squeeze before discarding the solids.
- Add 1 cup of raw honey (local is preferred) and stir the mixture well.
- Pour the mixture into a 12oz. mason jar or glass container.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 months.
Don’t want to order bulk ingredients? Order your AKOS Nutrition DIY elderberry syrup kits HERE. Your kit includes all of the dry ingredients necessary to make your own 12oz. jar of elderberry syrup!