Hey 👋🏼 there, friend!
How are you? No, really……how are you?
🤷🏼♀️Are you worried?
🤷🏼♀️Are you scared?
🤷🏼♀️Are you unsure of what to do?
❌Please don’t be.❌
🤗It’s important that in the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak that you know the #1 strategy to protect yourself (it’s not as exotic as you may think). It is also important that we know the facts over choosing to live in fear during these unpredictable and uncertain times, as fear and anxiety actually lower our immune system and make us more susceptible.
No, I’m not saying we have control over the rapid spread of Coronavirus, but we do have control over several factors which can exponentially increase of chances of walking through these next few weeks and months unscathed.
So, what DO you have control over? Well, with what is currently unfolding all over the world 🌎 it is incredibly important that you focus on exercising control over your healthy habits, which are the most basic (and effective) ways to boost your immune system. Building and protecting your immune system is HANDS-DOWN the best thing you can do to protect yourself, not hoarding 1,000 rolls of toilet paper.
Protecting your immune system is one of the most important things you can be doing to stay healthy, and I want you to have realistic, practical strategies to do so. In the video linked below, I talk about the foundations of a healthy immune system, and give you some specific recommendations on what you can do to keep your immune system optimal and able to kick out any potential viral invaders.
Click HERE to watch the video on my top tips to protect your immune system from COVID-19!
Video Summary: Immune Boosting Habits
- Drinking enough water (ideally, 1/2 your bodyweight in ounces, per day)
- Getting enough sleep (7-9 hours of sleep per night)
- Moving your body for 20 minutes every day (low to moderate intensity)
- Reducing your stress
- Eating a diet rich in whole foods, especially antioxidant-rich veggies and fruit.
- Supplementing your diet with immune-boosting supplements like elderberry. Order your DIY kit HERE.
Use coupon code CORONA2020 for an extra 10% off the sale price of your elderberry products.
DIY kits can be shipped directly to you!
When it comes to immune-boosting recipes, I also made a DELICIOUS roasted veggie recipe this past Monday in our AKOS Nutrition Facebook Group. Check out the video below for some helpful tips on making this yummy and digestive-health-friendly dish.
Immune Boosting Veggie Blend
2C butternut squash, cubed
2C brussel sprouts, stemmed and halved
2 thinly sliced onions or 4 shallots
2/3 cup chopped bacon or pancetta, raw
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, mined
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Soak veggies for 10-20 minutes, stem and halve large brussel sprouts.
- Put squash, sprouts, bacon & onion on a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic & spices together in a small bowl and pour over top of veggies.
- Bake for 35 minutes, tossing halfway.