I often get asked what Meal Prep Monday is all about. Well, it started out of necessity, really. I have been hosting this segment for over a year now in the AKOS Nutrition Community Group on Facebook (and now on IG!), and they are by far my most watched videos I put out there. You’ll see by today’s chicken salad recipe, the goal of Meal Prep Monday is to provide my audience with gluten-free and dairy-free recipes that are not only going to satisfy your nutritional needs, but are incredibly simple to put together…and taste good too!
I remember back when I was first getting acquainted with the world of cooking without gluten or dairy. It was so overwhelming. There was so much information to sift through. Not to mention, there were a lot of recipes out there that were less than appealing to my palate (let alone the palate of a toddler). Over the years of trial and error, I have learned how to cook delicious food that is also nourishing and healing to the body. For the past 18 years, I have had the opportunity to share my passion for simple meal prep solutions with my fitness and nutrition clients, but I wanted to be able to get this information out into the world on a larger scale.
Starting Meal Prep Monday and the AKOS Nutrition Group was my way of doing just that. It’s a resource to help you avoid the hassel that I had to go through. The AKOS Nutrition Group and the Functional Effect blog give you a home for solid information on digestive health and a wonderful database of gluten and dairy-free recipes that have been tried, tested and family-approved!
Speaking of that, in this week’s Meal Prep Monday I am going to be sharing one of my FAVORITE summer recipes with you. My chicken salad recipe is gluten and dairy-free, paleo-friendly, Whole30-approved and delicious as a salad or in a wrap. It includes red grapes, celery and is pretty close dupe for the Sonoma Chicken Salad you can find at Whole Foods.
Posted by Sarah Fischer-Reynolds on Monday, 15 June 2020
As always, let me know what you think!
AKOS Nutrition Chicken Salad
- 1 cup avocado/olive oil mayo
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 tsp raw honey
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned/deboned and chopped
- 2 cups red grapes, halved
- 2 cups finely diced celery
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped (optional)
- Combine all dressing ingredients together up to 2 days ahead of time. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add chicken, grapes, celery and pecans into a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over top of dry ingredients and mix well to incorporate.
- Chill chicken salad and serve over a bed of crisp romaine lettuce or in a gluten-free wrap.