AKOS Nutrition – Simple Sheet Pan Chicken with Roasted Red Peppers and Brussels Sprouts
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and halved
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 roasted red peppers (you make or from the jar), chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Wash and quarter the potatoes and add to a bowl containing 1 Tbsp olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Place in a single layer on the sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. In a bowl, whisk together 2 Tbsp. olive oil with the lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, basil and garlic. Nestle the chicken thighs between the potatoes on the sheet pan with the thinly sliced shallot or onion placed on top. Drizzle the mixture in the bowl all over the chicken and potatoes.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake until the shallots/onions are carmelized, the potatoes are tender and the chicken is fully cooked. Roughly 25-30 minutes.
- Allow the chicken to rest 10-15 minutes prior to serving.