Do you live in gratitude or with an attitude? Do you show up for the day grateful for the possibilities in front of you, or do you focus your energy on what you don’t have?
Let me put this concept into a real-life example for you: I want you to imagine that you had someone place the most beautiful cake in front of you, as a gift. The cake is being given to you, from a bakery that you know tastes absolutely amazing, but there is one slice missing……..
What would you do?
A️. Enjoy the rest of that amazingly awesome cake, not giving the missing slice a second thought?
B️. Focus on the missing piece?
Did you choose A?
Some of us (provided you love cake as much as me) would choose the first choice, A. Eat the rest of the cake, not paying much notice to the missing piece. They may find themselves saying/thinking things like:
- “I am so happy and grateful someone gave me cake!”
- “This cake is amazing, and I’m so glad someone else got to enjoy a piece of it, too.”
- “I am excited to do something nice like this for someone else.”
- “What a beautiful gesture, I feel so special and loved.”
Did you choose B?
However, some of us may choose to focus on the missing piece (B) if put in the same scenario. Those people may find themselves saying things like:
- “Why is my piece of cake missing?”
- “What did I do to deserve to have my piece of cake taken away?”
- “Why would someone take my piece of cake without my permission?”
- “What can I do to get my piece of cake back?”
Now take this same example, but apply it to YOUR life.
Do you focus on the positive things about your life (the cake), or do you tend to laser-in on the negative, what you don’t have, or what has been taken away (the missing piece of cake)? There are many reasons (i.e. excuses) to NOT focus on the positive:
1. We have too many responsibilities.
2. We are too stressed out.
3. We have a never-ending to-do list.
4. We don’t want to brag (especially if others around you are having a hard time)
5. We focus on the bad things going on in the world.
6. We focus on our “wants” or what we think we should get.
If you want better health, it has to start with your mindset!
Although I think we can all raise our hand to thinking this way from time to time, the truth is that this mindset and way of thinking creates a HUGE obstacle to successfully tapping into our gratitude.
Today, your challenge is to reframe this mindset. Today, your challenge is to adopt a mindset of ABUNDANCE and start to live in GRATITUDE!
Here’s your assignment (if you should choose to accept it!)
Grab a notebook, and make a list……a list which lays out everything in your life you are grateful for.
(Here’s the ONLY catch: It can’t be something you have bought.)
What is this going to do for you? Well, it may help you in reframing your priorities for 2020, it may help you see how much you already have, and it just might help you remember to show those individuals who are on your list just how much you appreciate what they bring to your life.
Learn to live in gratitude.Your cake will never have tasted better!
If you are ready to make the shift, but not quite sure how to get started, there are a couple of ways you can work alongside me to start making some changes:
- Join the AKOS Nutrition Group on Facebook. The group is FREE and full of amazing resources to help you live your best life!
- Sign up for our 6-week “Back to Basics” Coaching Group, starting in November. Contact us to be sure to be one of the first to get notified when registration opens!